Today, we’re launching the air-cooled version of the XPS 720 red chassis in the United States and Canada.
More importantly though, wanted to take a few minutes to shed some light on what customers can expect from the upcoming XPS 700 Exchange program. Lots of you are asking when we will launch it. Unfortunately, I can’t have specific dates I can share at this point, but know that we’re working as quickly as we can to ensure that the XPS 700 exchange program is a good experience for all of you.
Update, 8/13: The link for the XPS 700 Exchange Program is now live:
Now for the details:
XPS 700 customers are entitled to the following:
- Hardware Kit at no charge
- Option for in-home installation service at no charge
- Option to purchase the QX6700 quad-core processor at 25% off of the Electronics & Accessories price
XPS 710 customers are entitled to the following:
- Option to purchase a hardware kit (price to be determined)
- Option to purchase in-home installation service (price to be determined)
Hardware kit details:
- XPS 720 motherboard
- Front panel I/O assembly
- All required cables and mechanical assemblies
- XPS 720 Resource CD
- XPS 720 Owner’s Manual
- XPS mouse pad
- DTS solution
- Installation techsheet
There will be much more information to come. Soon we will publish pictures of the parts in the hardware kit both on the blog and in the Dell Community Forum. We will also publish a vlog where we will walk you through the actual upgrade process, so you can see exactly what’s required.
Lots of folks here know how important this is to many of you. The reality is that this is a very complex process for us to implement and we’re taking the time to do this right. We’ll keep pushing forward.
In the meantime, thank you for your continued patience.