It’s been a record-breaking year for Dell’s PC business. The XPS 13 has won more individual product awards than any other device in Dell’s 32-year history, and we hit 15 consecutive quarters of year over year share gain in PCs.
Now, I’m excited to share more world-first innovations designed to redefine personal computing as we head into CES in Las Vegas. Starting this week and throughout the year, you can expect to see new products and solutions for gamers, content creators, virtual reality (VR) developers and enthusiasts, mobile professionals and more, with the best visual experience you can find. It’s our best lineup yet!
The industry accolades are already rolling in, with seven of our new products named 2017 CES Innovation Award Honorees before the show has even started, and we expect many more awards. One announcement I’m especially excited about stems from one of Dell’s most successful products to date and one of this year’s CES Innovation Award Honorees: XPS 13.
Our XPS 13 received 2016 ‘Laptop of the Year’ awards from Wall Street Journal and WIRED (both two years running), Laptop Magazine (two years running), Windows Central, Computer Shopper and Reviewed.com. It’s also received numerous Editors’ Choice awards from PC Mag, Digital Trends and Hot Hardware, to name a few.
And just when you thought everyone’s favorite laptop couldn’t get better, we’ve introduced the new XPS 13 2-in-1 to our portfolio, adding more flexibility and improvements making it even thinner, sleeker and fitting it with a 360-degree hinge to enable greater productivity and offer multiple viewing options.
The XPS 13 2-in-1 features:
- The world’s smallest 13-inch 2-in-1 with battery life up to 15 hours
- Eye-popping clarity with a gorgeous QHD+ (5.7M pixels) InfinityEdge touch display, a first for a 2-in-1
- HDR-ready (high dynamic range) display for incredibly life-like images when watching HDR10 content; available later this year
- Windows Hello enabled finger print reader to easily and securely unlock the system with a touch; also comes with an infrared camera to enable Windows Hello at a later date
- A business configuration with 7th Gen Intel® Core™ vPro™ processors and Dell BIOS and manageability software – all backed by Dell’s global services and support
The Dell XPS 13 2-in-1 will be available beginning January 5, 2017 on Dell.com and at Best Buy in the United States starting at $999. Worldwide availability will follow soon after.
But the wins don’t stop there. We’re also revealing the Dell 27 Ultrathin Monitor, another CES Innovation Honoree, with the world’s overall thinnest profile! The sleek Ultrathin is a striking design that is styled to adapt to various lifestyles and interiors – whether in an office or home environment.
The Dell 27 Ultrathin Monitor offers:
- Inspired, state-of-the-art design with the world’s overall thinnest profile, articulated hinge design, and fluid tilt and swivel, offering an unhampered view from nearly any angle
- Superb viewing with groundbreaking technology, exceptionally rich colors with high contrast, and depth and range through Dell’s HDR (high dynamic range) feature that has been designed with the PC user in mind
- Built-in USB Type-C connectivity, ComfortView and a flicker-free screen
- Simple, intelligent design with connectivity hub located at the rear of stand base, eliminating unsightly cables on the desk
The Dell 27 Ultrathin Monitor will be available in the United States on March 23, 2017 for $699.99. Worldwide availability will follow soon after.
As you can see, it’s been a busy year for us as we’ve sought to innovate and refine our product portfolio like never before. And this just scratches the surface on what is sure to be a memorable week for Dell. Stay tuned for more exciting announcements, from gaming to VR to workforce productivity, at www.dell.com/cespressroom, here on Direct2Dell and follow the conversation on @Dell or #DellExperience.
And if you’re attending #CES2017, check out the CES Unveiled event on Tuesday, January 3 or the #DellExperience at the Venetian in the Yardbird Southern Table & Bar Thursday, January 4 through Saturday, January 7. We’re hosting an interactive gallery and a series of events, including multiple virtual reality and gaming demos, hands-on reviews with new technology, unique speakers and exclusive sneak peeks, all powered by Dell.
Look forward to seeing you in Vegas!