If you are looking to grow your business then it is important that you stay ahead of the latest technology trends, but this can be a challenge for small businesses that are time poor and need to keep costs to a minimum.
Whether small businesses are looking to create new business models, adapt old ones, improve employee productivity or get closer to their customers and partners, technology impacts every sector of the business.
The decisions that you make today will influence what you can do in the future so it is important to think about what your business will look like in five years’ time. Getting the right technology infrastructure in place today will help ease the progression from being a small sized company to becoming a mid-sized company.
The arrival of Microsoft’s Windows Server 2012 is a recent technology innovation which was a major update to Microsoft’s core server operating system and includes over 300 new features. Having collaborated with Microsoft for a long time including investments in people, process and technology, Dell is well placed to accelerate the benefits of Windows Server 2012 for small business.
Investing in a server, like one from our PowerEdge 12G range , combined with Windows Server 2012 can offer an end-to-end solution to support small business growth including the creation of a strong IT infrastructure, enabling employee collaboration and flexible working as well as a virtualization platform and connectivity to private and public cloud services.
Here are just some of the things that Windows Server 2012 makes easy for small businesses;
- Automated management tasks – provide a quick overview of the users and devices connected to the network and allows IT administrators to check on the health of individual machines
- Easy restore – with Windows Server, backup can be used to restore any device connected to the network, making it ideal for supporting remote employees
- Automated back-up and storage – is made easy through the use of simple guides ensuring that valuable business data and information is safely stored and organised
- Easy access to files and applications – using the remote access feature allows employees to securely connect to the company network from anywhere that there is an internet connection
- Creating a virtualized server environment – using Hyper V in Windows Server 2012 enables one physical machine to be turned into several virtual ones, so small businesses can effortlessly advance their virtualization strategy while reaping the benefits of lower operating costs and scalability
- Public and private cloud use – is simple with Windows Server 2012. It provides connection to cloud services and applications allowing small businesses to take advantage of software as a service rather than having to invest in software licences
Windows Server 2012 will replace all previous versions of Microsoft’s server operating and in July 2015 all support for Windows Server 2003 will officially end. So whether you are thinking about getting your first server, or upgrading an existing server, now it the right time to think about switching to Windows Server 2012.
There are a wide range of new servers to choose from such as Dell’s PowerEdge servers which are very efficient and powerful and when combined with Windows Server 2012 can take the pain out of growing a business helping organisations to manage IT more efficiency, drive profitability and retain a competitive edge through the development of new products and services.