We’re seeing some online activity in blogs, forums and from customers on Twitter like @kevincully and @dstxus reacting to order delays. Especially at this time of year, we are sorry for the frustration. The reality is that we are seeing increased demand for many of the products consumers want to buy and it has affected our ability to fulfill the orders. In addition, there are also some industry-wide constraints on some components (like memory and larger-capacity hard drives) that are delaying the manufacturing of certain products for customers.
We’re addressing these issues and regret any inconvenience this has caused our customers. We recently extended our manufacturing capacity to help meet this increased demand. We hope you choose to keep your current order and choose Dell. Customers in the United States who choose to keep their order can receive a Dell Holiday Card by filling out the form on that link. If you request a holiday card by December 20 at midnight, you should receive it in time to put under the tree.
If you choose to cancel or change your order please follow the directions below:
- Call 800-247-2076, choose option #2 to speak to a representative who can help cancel or change your order to one of our Fast Track systems.
- After you cancel an order, remember you can purchase Dell netbooks, laptops desktops and gaming systems at a variety of retailers like Wal-Mart, Best Buy and others. Take a look at this link for more details.
If you are a customer outside the United States, please contact Dell Customer Service in your region. Here's how to do it:
- Go to Dell.com and choose your country if you haven't already visited.
- Choose All Support Options in the footer in the Support section of the footer.
- Choose Support for Home Users
- Choose Contact Order Support
Again, I apologize to customers who are affected by these delays.