[UPDATE: To ensure you get your new Windows 10 device first, purchase now and Dell will start shipping your system on July 28 with free next-business-day shipping. Additional Windows 10 configuration options will be available on Dell.com, as well as from leading retailers such as Best Buy on July 29.]
Ready for Windows 10? Great! So are we. Which is why customers in the U.S. can pre-order select Dell devices with Windows 10 starting TODAY that will ship starting July 29 – the big day Microsoft releases its new operating system. Plus with Same Day Ship from Dell, you can receive your order as early as July 30 and be the first to show off your new Windows 10 device.
[UPDATE: Windows 10 pre-order is now available in Canada! These orders will begin shipping the same day Microsoft releases the new operating system. Additionally, U.S. customers who pre-order Windows 10 products will now get free next-business-day shipping, and those who have already placed their pre-order prior to July 9 will be upgraded to the same.]
Dell and Microsoft have worked hand-in-hand to develop Dell experiences that maximize the capabilities of Windows 10 for our customers. Thousands of engineering hours and unprecedented collaboration have led to what we believe is a great release imprinted with Dell feedback – or should we say, your feedback. Through more than 2 billion contacts we have with you each year, we have taken your feedback and relayed it to our teams and partners to ensure your Windows 10 experience on Dell is top notch.
It all starts with customer-driven design, enhanced by the service and support you need if you run into any trouble. A few of the experiences I’m most excited about include:
- Screen. Dell collaborated with Microsoft to maximize the touch-enabled functionality of our devices and enhance the front of screen experience, similar to what you would expect from other commonly-used devices, such as smart phones. As we roll out Dell PCs, tablets and 2-in-1s, our customers will enjoy a great touch interface on the industry’s best high-resolution InfinityEdge screen for use with Microsoft Continuum.
- Sign on. Dell is an early adopter of Intel’s RealSense 3D cameras. We were the first to launch RealSense on our Venue tablets and are bringing the capability to our mainstream Inspiron laptops, All-in-one desktops, and 2-in-1s. We’re pretty bullish on what RealSense will do for the facial recognition login with Windows Hello, allowing you to securely and instantly log into your PC. We think this is a feature you will come to love – doing away with forgetting passwords once and for all. Expect to see more of this technology embedded across our full product portfolio.
- Audio. Dell’s long-standing relationship with Waves MaxxAudio allows us to offer superior audio features, including improved performance for media playback, voice communications and automatic speech recognition. Dell has been on the cutting edge of audio integration, and folding Microsoft’s digital assistant Cortana into the PC experience will be done seamlessly.
- Support. Industry-leading support services keep your Windows devices up and running longer, so you can get the most out of them for an extended period of time. ProSupport Plus for PCs and Tablets for commercial customers and Dell Premium Support for consumers both offer OS and software help should you need it – and that includes Windows 10.
You’ll see a number of Dell products featuring Windows 10 this year and next, and we’ll have a robust portfolio of Windows 10 devices on day of launch – all available on dell.com and in retail stores. Pre-orders for Smart Selection devices available today include:
- Inspiron desktops
- Our award-winning Inspiron 11 2-in-1
- Inspiron 15 laptop configurations
- XPS 8700 desktop
Why wait? Pre-order today or order by 2:00 pm CT on July 29, and your system will ship the same day. Whether you are looking to buy a new Windows 10 device or just simply upgrade your existing device, we are here to help with a full support team and helpful materials on day one.