With the release of OpenStack “Grizzly”, the community once again comes together for the bi-annual OpenStack Summit where planning is started for the next release and the latest solutions and technology are shared with customers and partners to further the ecosystem and project. As a founding member and community leader Dell’s participation in the event includes presentations, products, and plenty of social media highlights during and after the event.
I (@SpectorAtDell) am traveling to Portland with Rafael Knuth, Global Community & Content Manager OpenStack and Hadoop (@RafaelKnuth), to provide daily social media coverage of the event with live tweeting, daily blogs, and video interviews with ecosystem vendors. Interviews already planned include Ben Kepes and Paul Miller, CEO of Midokura and Zadara Storage, Matt Ray from OpsCode, Dave Cahill from SolidFire, Ross Turk from InkTank, Bernard Golden of Enstratius, and Ben Kerensa from Ubuntu, and others.
In addition, Rafael and I will be sure to live tweet the following sessions:
- Monday April 15
- 9:00 am Design Summit Kick Off
- 9:50 am Getting from Grizzly to Havana: A DevOps Upgrade Pattern
- Tuesday April 16
- 9:00 am Keynote: OpenStack Vision & Special Guests
- 9:45 am Rackspace Keynote
- 10:15 am Red Hat Keynote
- 11:50 am Best Practices for integrating third party portal with OpenStack
- 4:30 pm Wicked Easy Ceph Block Storage & OpenStack Deployment with Crowbar
- Wednesday April 17
- 9:00 am Research & Government: How NSA & Others are uUing OpenStack
- 9:45 am HP Keynote
- 10:15 am Canonical Keynote
The full conference agenda is available and we are both available to attend and live tweet any session you are interested should you be unable to attend the conference. All daily blogs from Rafael and me will be available on the #DellSolves blog starting Sunday, April 14 and you can follow the event on Twitter with the hashtag #OpenStack.