We’re living in an exciting time as mobile computing continues to take significant evolutionary strides. Many organizations are embracing the productivity benefits of enabling their workers to be more mobile but with that freedom, they often face hurdles like security, device management and support for critical applications. At Dell, we strive to design products, services and solutions that maximize workforce efficiency without making IT sacrifices.
That’s why I’m pleased to announce the availability of the Dell Latitude ST, a tablet PC built for both mobile professionals and the IT professionals supporting them. The Latitude ST provides Windows 7 Professional productivity in a convenient, lightweight tablet along with all the great attributes IT departments have come to know and trust with our Latitude brand, including security, manageability, service and support. (TBR just ranked Dell notebooks #1 in customer satisfaction.)
Latitude ST can be tailored to specific business or end user needs with certified applications and professional services. It is ideal for any organization where employees need to run a core set of applications in safe computing environments. For healthcare, the Latitude ST easily integrates into Dell’s Electronic Medical Records and Mobile Clinical Computing solutions. And for education, the device is certified for use in our Connected Classroom solution. Speaking of healthcare markets, Dell is recognized as the leading provider of healthcare IT services worldwide.
Latitude ST delivers go-anywhere productivity, with anytime, anywhere data access via Wi-Fi and mobile broadband options and a 10-inch multi-touch display with a stylus for intuitive ease-of-use. Mobile professionals can experience the following features and benefits:
- Work confidently with Intel Atom processors and the familiarity of Windows 7-based applications.
- Collaborate on-the-go with front and rear web cams, embedded microphone, and Skype video conferencing.
- Connect to projectors, printers, or other devices using built-in ports.
- Feel protected with durability features such as a rubberized bumper, anti-glare Corning Gorilla Glass screen and TPU overmold.
And since mobility goes beyond hardware, we’re certifying the device with select software partners. Available at launch, we’ll offer certification on leading education software, such as Blio, Dyknow, LanSchool and Texas Instruments. For healthcare customers, we’re working with organizations like Continua Healthcare Alliance, Athena Health and NextGen Healthcare. And we’re working on partnerships with many more to ensure users never skip a beat using their familiar business applications.
IT administrators will also appreciate the attributes of the Latitude ST. They can seamlessly manage the tablet like any other PC on their network using existing remote management solutions or Dell KACE appliances and protect critical data with flexible Dell Data Protection | Encryption. The device will also integrate with desktop virtualization solutions for secure access to data virtually anywhere. And of course the Latitude ST is backed by customizable options for Dell global service and support.
The Latitude ST is quick and easy to deploy and manage, and perfect for mobile business users, enabling:
- Insurance clerks to document accidents, complete forms, obtain signatures and hit submit – right on location.
- Doctors, nurses and other medical professionals to view client history, make medical evaluation input, submit prescriptions and research securely on-the-go.
- Teachers to fully interact and collaborate with students by seamlessly moving about the classroom
Do you have plans to use tablets in your environment? Curious about how tablets can help your business? Let us know your thoughts and questions in the comments.