Earlier today, we announced our recent agreement with Microsoft making us the only tier 1 manufacturer with the ability to direct factory install Microsoft’s Embedded operating systems to customers globally. I sat down with Jason Szatkiewicz, from the OEM Solutions Product Planning Team, to learn more about the enhanced program.
I asked him several questions including:
- Explain the difference between Microsoft Embedded OS and the standard windows operating system?
- Tell us about Dell OEM’s new Microsoft Embedded agreement.
- What do you mean by direct distributor?
- What is the biggest advantage for customers?
- What sort of process will change for customers?
- How quickly can existing customers switch over to this new agreement? Or how does a new customer get signed up?
- What’s coming next for the Microsoft Embedded Program?