Dell Weekly Recap: News & Customer Spotlight
Welcome to the latest edition of Dell’s Weekly Recap, your guide to the week's Dell-related news and happenings.
TOP STORY OF THE WEEK
Unlike Acer and Asus, who overwhelmed us with sheer numbers this morning, Dell's Computex assault is formed by just one, standout product, the XPS 11. This 11.6-inch laptop touts an outstanding 2560 x 1440 resolution, plus its exterior is adorned in a carbon fiber weave and machined aluminum, yet the company is pitching it as something even more: a two-in-one device.
DELL CUSTOMER SPOTLIGHT
Class cloud – Rochester School Department and Dell; May 29, 2013
In today’s education environment, IT protection and performance go hand-in-hand. Rochester School District explained why it selected Dell Software Group solutions for the district’s growing demands.
5 STORIES ABOUT DELL
Enabling customers of all sizes to address a common set of challenges related to the complexity, inefficiency and rigidity in current IT infrastructures, Dell announced further differentiation to its converged infrastructure portfolio.
U.S. Tops List Of Best Countries For Women Entrepreneurs; June 4, 2013
Today from Istanbul, at the fourth-annual Dell women’s entrepreneurs event, Dell announced the results of the first-ever global index to measure female entrepreneurship around the world. Not surprisingly, the more than 8 million women-led businesses in the United States came out on top.
Dell PowerEdge VRTX review; June 5, 2013
The Dell PowerEdge VRTX has been praised for its “clever design, low noise and low power consumption” achieving 5 out of 5 stars and the “IT Pro Innovation Award.”
While Dell’s core value has not significantly changed, its approach has seen a big shift away from the hardware sales model to a more solution-centric standards-based approach. Dell has spent time and money carrying out a sales force competency assessment, and reskilling the sales force to focus on a consultative solutions-based sales model….
As Dell has made the transition from a traditional PC supplier to an end-to-end solutions firm, the role of its CIO too has changed. Srikanth RP of InformationWeek had the privilege of meeting Adriana Karaboutis, Global CIO, Dell, who shares some fascinating insights into how IT must adapt as business priorities change.
TOP 5 Direct2Dell POSTS (June 1 – June 7)
- Introducing PowerEdge VRTX
- New Haswell Business Systems: Latitude E6540 and OptiPlex 9020 and XE2
- New Haswell Desktops: XPS 27 AIO, XPS 8700 and Alienware X51
- New Dell 21.5” Touch Monitor and Multifunction Printers
- Deliver your critical data by the “speed of flash” to optimize your data center with Dell Compellent
Press Release(s) (June 1 – June 7)
- NASCAR Team Selects Dell to Speed Past the Competition
- Dell Commits to Waste-Free Packaging Stream by 2020
- Dell Special Committee Files Investor Presentation
- Dell Helps Customers Optimize Performance, Efficiency and Scale with New Solutions Designed for Data-Intensive Workloads
- Making the Best Better: Dell Delivers Performance and Security Enhancements to Leading Edge Touch-Enabled PCs
- Dell Challenge Encourages University Students to Create Solutions That Empower Women and Girls
- Dell Launches World’s first Gender-GEDI Female Entrepreneurship Index
- Dell and Oracle Expand Strategic Alliance to Better Serve Customers of All Sizes
- Dell Offers Wide Range of Converged Infrastructure Choices; from Office-Scale to Hyper Scale
- Dell Powers ACL Live at The Moody Theater and Legendary PBS Series Austin City Limits; Launches New ACL Access Windows 8 App
- Dell launches Pay It Forward initiative to support one million female entrepreneurs by 2015
- Dell, Intel and Revolution Analytics Collaborate to Launch Big Data Innovation Center in Singapore