Dell Weekly Recap: News & Product Spotlight
Welcome to the latest edition of Dell’s Weekly Recap, your guide to the week's Dell-related news and happenings.
TOP STORY OF THE WEEK
Speaking at Oracle Openworld, Michael Dell has explained how customers will benefit from a strengthening of the Dell and Oracle relationship. Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c is to merge with Dell OpenManage, enabling organizations to use the same interface for their entire infrastructure while Dell's Active Infrastructure will be offered for Oracle Linux and Oracle VM, allowing a fully optimized Oracle solution to be installed directly into a datacenter.
University of Southern Illinois
Digital textbooks can help students overcome financial obstacles and keep their focus on studying. The Dell Latitude 10 tablet is helping to cut costs and enhance personalized learning for freshmen at the University of Southern Illinois.
5 STORIES ABOUT DELL
Dell Wins an EPA Green Leadership Award; Dane Parker Comments – September 24, 2013
The use of renewable energy has been a key part of Dell’s sustainability programs and is central to its commitment to “powering the possible.” The organization has been recognized by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) as a leader in the green power market.
Hands-on with Dell's premium-looking Inspiron 7000 series – September 17, 2013
To provide touch-enabled systems with dependable technology that keeps users connected, Dell has updated its Dell Inspiron portfolio with a range of new laptops and new all-in-one PC.
Breaking Down the 5 Most Common Big Data Myths – September 10, 2013
Organizations continue to struggle with the myriad challenges of managing and deriving value from big data. To help them better meet their objectives, Dell Software Group’s Darin Bartik outlined the top 5 big data myths.
Dell attempts to clear the air on data laws – September 25, 2013
To dispel common myths about data protection laws, Dell SecureWorks has teamed up with European law firm Field Fisher Waterhouse to produce a whitepaper looking at current laws and how they impact security implementation.
The Trend from Laptops to Tablets – September 2013
As law enforcement officials decide what type of mobile technology best suits their needs, Dell has developed solutions specifically to meet the needs of its customers working in the field, giving them the tools to successfully carry out their duties.
TOP 5 Direct2Dell Posts (Sept 21 – Sept 27)
- Green, efficient, and incredibly powerful: Dell and eBay Inc.
- Partnering together for our customers’ future: Dell and Oracle
- Dell and SUSE: refining the art and science of OpenStack cloud deployments
- Dell Software Drives Windows XP Migrations with Best Practices and World-Class Solutions
- Dell Software reaffirms commitment to Oracle Database Management at OOW
Press Release(s) (Sept 21 – Sept 27)
- EPA Recognizes Dell as a Leading Green Power Purchaser
- Dell Unveils New Easy and Connected Inspiron Laptops and Inspiron 23 All-in-One
- Dell Software Helps Clear Top Five Roadblocks to Successful Windows XP Migrations
- Masternaut Selects Dell to Improve Enterprise Storage Performance
- Dell and Oracle Build on Relationship to Enhance Customer Experience; Set to Deliver New Integrations between Oracle Technologies and Dell Infrastructure
- America’s Cup Challenger Emirates Team New Zealand Revolutionizes Boat Design with Dell’s End to End Solutions