Dell Weekly Recap: News & Customer Spotlight
Welcome to the latest edition of Dell’s Weekly Recap, your guide to the week's Dell-related news and happenings.
TOP STORY OF THE WEEK
Alienware shows off its all-new gaming notebook lineup at E3 – June 10, 2013
If there’s one thing Dell has done right over the years, it’s been to let Alienware—the boutique gaming PC manufacturer Dell acquired in 2006—remain Alienware. Based on the new notebook lineup that Alienware unveiled tonight, that let-‘em-be strategy is still working.
DELL CUSTOMER SPOTLIGHT
Faced with the need to find a powerful, mobile solution to keep its agents connected and empowered, the U.S. *** Enforcement Agency turned to Dell’s Latitude 10 tablet to help deliver access to information in the field and to provide a way to save money by consolidating the number of devices in use.
5 STORIES ABOUT DELL
UT, Pecan Street Open New Technology Commercialization Lab; June 11, 2013
The UT-based consortium Pecan Street has been steadily making headlines since it began in 2008 with a focus on testing green energy and smart-grid solutions in Austin’s Mueller neighborhood. (One past project had 100 Mueller residents driving Chevy Volt hybrids and tracking their energy consumption.)
Dell Quest Releases Big Data Security Solutions; June 11, 2013
A recent survey conducted by Dell Software found that 52 percent of organizations saw their unstructured data volumes increase by at least 25 percent in the past year, but only 45 are taking the appropriate measures to secure their sensitive information. These figures reflect a business opportunity that Dell is eager to exploit.
Defending against exploit kits; June 3, 2013
“Exploit kits” comprised of malicious programs that identify, then attack cyber-vulnerabilities and spread malware, are highly profitable and can devastate businesses. Dell SonicWALL explains how to avoid becoming a target of cybercriminals.
The Power of Dell Analytics Inside and Outside Dell; May 30, 2013
This is my second of two pieces focused on Dell’s Annual Analyst event. Dell’s CMO, Karen Quintos, held a round table to talk about how Dell is using analytics to create solutions and address customer needs worldwide. On stage with her: Monique Bonner, VP Global Enterprise Services and Software Integrated Marketing, Aongus Hegarty, President EMEA, and Bobbie Dangerfield, VP Commercial Sales and Operations.
Two of our favorite Windows 8 computers are about to get upgraded in subtle but crucially important ways. The kneeling XPS 27 all-in-one might soon become a viable multimedia editing machine, while the spinning XPS 12 convertible ultrabook could soon get the enhanced performance and battery life its $1,199 price point deserves.
TOP 5 Direct2Dell POSTS (June 8 – June 14)
- LionelatDell’s Farewell Post on Direct2Dell
- E3 2013 set the stage for Alienware
- One device to do it all –consolidating with a tablet
- Big Announcements in the Big Easy at Microsoft TechEd
- Want the most benefit from analyzing big data?
Press Release(s) (June 8 – June 14)
- Dell SecureWorks Launches Targeted Cyber Threat Hunting Service
- Dell Goes Beyond the Data to Add Identity Analysis to Integrated Data Governance Solution
- Duncanville Independent School District Enhances Learning with Dell Latitude 10 Essentials Configuration
- Alienware Redefines the PC Gaming Experience: Unveils the Most Powerful Gaming Laptops in the Universe with Bold, New Iconic Design
- Dell Helps CSM Media Research Enable Commercial SDN Application
- Dell SecureWorks’ Incident Response Resource Center Offers Actionable Information for the Inevitable Cyber Security Breach
- Dell Launches Secure and Flexible Cloud Solution for U.S. Governments