Dell Weekly Recap: News & Customer Spotlight
Welcome to the latest edition of Dell’s Weekly Recap, your guide to the week's Dell-related news and happenings.
TOP STORY OF THE WEEK
Dell will have a significant presence again this year during South by Southwest (SXSW), held annually in our hometown of Austin, Texas. Beginning with SXSWedu and through Interactive, Film and Music, Dell will show and tell how its customers are using Dell technologies to create music, film and momentum for growing businesses. You can join the conversation on Twitter using #DellSXSW.
DELL CUSTOMER SPOTLIGHT
Lisa Marie Brown saw the recession as an opportunity, rather than obstacle, to launch a new business venture and her unique enterprise, Pinkspiration is designed to help inspire others to launch new businesses or projects in their community, providing them with the skills, business tools and funding advice to do so.
5 STORIES ABOUT DELL
Cause & Effect: Is giving back the ultimate return-on-investment? – HUB Magazine, March, 2013
Dell CMO Karen Quintos has explained how social responsibility is being applied across Dell into areas where technology can have the biggest impact — for example, enabling thousands of schools around the world through connected classroom solutions and digital learning solutions.
Dell releases first wireless ultrabook docking station – Computer World, February 27, 2013
With speeds of up to 10 times today’s fastest Wi-Fi networks, the Dell Wireless Dock is the first commercially available wireless docking system based on the multi-gigabit Tri-Band Wi-Fi standard (WiGig).The new wireless docking station is currently compatible with the Dell Latitude 6430u Ultrabook and is selling in select countries.
Dell’s hand found in slaying “the Giant” – CIO Asia, March 1, 2013
To create the stunning visual effects for the new Hollywood film “Jack the Giant Slayer,” award-winning studio Soho VFX turned to Dell’s media and entertainment solutions which provided both stability and processing power.
Dell Networking looks to beat HP at own convergence game – CRN, ChannelWeb UK, March 5, 2013
Dell's new EMEA head of networking is hoping to lure in the vendor's client and infrastructure VARs with a converged technology approach emulating that of rival HP. Dominique Vanhamme told CRN that he wants to focus on pushing a "converged infrastructure" message out to the vendor's channel.
Building the intelligent network at Mobile World Congress 2013: Part II – The Mobile Network, March 2013
Telco organizations are increasingly reliant on technology partners to help build intelligent networks while reducing the time taken to bring new services and solutions to market, according to Franklin Flint, global telecommunications strategy and marketing lead, Dell OEM Solutions.
TOP 5 Direct2Dell POSTS (Mar 2 – Mar 8)
- What's New in Windows 8?
- Countdown to March Madness – Let the Network Mayhem Begin!
- XPS 12 (and other Dell products) Strikes Gold at the iF Product Design Awards
- Dell brings real-time business productivity to the über-connected workplace!
- Fluid Cache for DAS 1.0 — enabling our customers' potential
Press Release(s) (Mar 2 – Mar 8)
- Dell Works With Red Hat, Intel and VMware To Launch Center of Excellence for Hospitals Using Epic EHR Software
- Dell SecureWorks Expands Incident Response Services
- Everest Group Names Dell Services as Leader in Healthcare Provider Application Outsourcing Service Providers
- Dell Special Committee Issues Statement Regarding Its Evaluation Of Strategic Alternatives
- Dell Substantially Surpasses Community Service Goal, Volunteers More Than 700,000 Hours in FY13
- Educators choose Dell Latitude 10 tablets to help personalize learning