Dell Weekly Recap: News & Customer Spotlight
Welcome to the latest edition of Dell’s Weekly Recap, your guide to the week's Dell-related news and happenings.
TOP STORY OF THE WEEK
Praised for computing power and compact design, the Dell Precision workstation portfolio has been announced with models including the smallest available tower workstations, the T1700 small form-factor and T1700 mini-tower, in addition to the R7610, which is currently the world’s most powerful rack workstation.
DELL CUSTOMER SPOTLIGHT
The Singapore Exchange (SGX) has moved its clearing and settlement operations from an IBM mainframe running zOS to commodity Linux servers to improve the post-trade services and achieve straight-through processing…SGX evaluated several services organizations before choosing Clerity Solutions in Chicago, which was acquired by Dell and became Dell Services. It helped migrate SGX’s entire mainframe complex, including key applications like clearing and settlement, third-party tools and utilities, and server and storage resources to a flexible open systems environment with minimum customer impact.
5 STORIES ABOUT DELL
The Dell XPS 18 portable all-in-one has been praised for its “thoughtful, alluring design,” its flexibility as a tool for work or entertainment, and a form factor “that’s truly powerful and portable.”
Betting big on Software – DataQuest
Offering customers new ways to unlock business opportunities, Dell’s strategic mix of software, services and integrated solutions ensures that the company is uniquely positioned to tackle key enterprise IT trends such as cloud computing, security and BYOD.
U.S. national startups and small businesses are optimistic and are investing in technology to help fuel their growth according to Dell’s recently released State of U.S. Small Businesses research report.
In search of virtualisation nirvana – IT Web
As virtual network switching becomes increasingly important to the enterprise, Dell is leading discussions on virtual switches and is called out as a company to watch in the virtualization market.
Dell Sheds VMware, Pushes IaaS to Channel – Channelnomics.com
Many Dell customers plan to expand their use of the public cloud, and benefit from collaboration across services. In order to provide a choice of vendors and freedom from lock-in to a single platform, Dell has announced a partner approach to its public cloud strategy.
TOP 5 Direct2Dell POSTS (May 18 – May 24)
- Dell Wyse ThinOS8 + Cloud Client Manager = Enhanced Security and Performance meets Game Changing Ease of Use and Cloud Management
- Make No Mistake: Dell is More Committed to OpenStack Than Ever
- Dell Cloud Client Computing and Citrix XenDesktop 7
- New Features available on the Dell PowerEdge R720t and R620t
- What steps can a business take to protect itself from cyber-attacks?
Press Release(s) (May 18 – May 24)
- Dell to Enable Hyper-V and Windows Server 2012 Support for OpenStack
- Dell to Deliver Public Cloud through Partner Ecosystem
- Dell Combines End-to-End Security and High Performance with New Dell Wyse ThinOS 8 and Dual-Core Thin Client
- Snapshot Explorer Completes Dell’s Free Utility Toolbox for Virtual Machine Administrators
- Dell Unveils Powerful End-To-End Cloud Client Computing Solutions for Citrix Virtualized Desktop Environments to Enable Increasingly Mobile and Cloud-Based Work Styles
- Dell Launches Second Phase of Social Media Training for Channel Partners
- Dell Unites Top Global Women Entrepreneurs in Turkey for Fourth Annual Dell Women’s Entrepreneur Network Event; Virtual Event for Global Audience