Welcome to the latest edition of Dell’s Weekly Recap, your guide to the week's Dell-related news and happenings.
TOP STORY OF THE WEEK
Dell PowerEdge Boots Up After Hurricane Sandy Acid Bath – The Register, January 14, 2013
It is not clear how many servers Hurricane Sandy wiped out, but at least one Dell PowerEdge box in the Maspeth neighborhood of Queens not only survived the flood sufficiently to allow for the company to boot up the box to get its data off, it managed to do that after being soaked in acid-laced salt water.
DELL CUSTOMER SPOTLIGHT
Beijing TV (pdf document)
Beijing TV upgrades their data platform for efficient delivery of multiple television broadcast platforms to over 800 million viewers by developing a high-speed, reliable and scalable IP network system with Dell Force10.
5 STORIES ABOUT DELL
- Can the Cloud Help Small Businesses? – Wall Street Journal, January 9, 2013
The future of IT for small businesses will largely rely on servers both on site and in the cloud. Nnamdi Orakwue, Dell vice president of infrastructure cloud service has discussed cloud trends for SMBs and highlighted how Dell’s cloud services secure customers data.
- Hitting The Reset Button In Federal IT – AOL Government, January 14, 2013
Implementing next generation environments, such as cloud, will help federal agencies quickly and effectively hit a “reset button” on their IT environments.
- Dell focuses on transforming, connecting, informing and protecting in 2013 – Inter Aksyon, January 14, 2013
At Dell, our customers are our priority and we are constantly listening to what they are saying, understanding their challenges and anticipating their needs. I spend a large amount of my time speaking with CEOs and business leaders. There are two common issues that keep customers awake at night…
- The Purpose of a Brand: How Dell Rescued its Reputation – ITSMA, January 16, 2013
What do you do when you lose 22 percent of your brand value in five years? When you fall off theForbes Most Powerful Brands list? When a full 50 percent of your employees think your company’s best days are long gone? According to Monique Bonner, Vice President of Americas Marketing at Dell, you start with focusing on the purpose of your brand. Monique presented the story of Dell’s Brand Journey, which started in 2009, at ITSMA’s 19th Annual Marketing Conference in Cambridge, MA, in December.
- Dell unveils end-to-end cloud solution for retail – Retail Customer Experience, January 14, 2013
At a private press event Sunday night, executives from Dell gave a sneak peak of their Cloud Client Computing for Retail, a suite they say is the first end-to-end solution that makes it easy for retailers to off-load their IT burdens while simultaneously future-proofing their in-store tech planning.
TOP 5 Direct2Dell POSTS (January 5th – January 11th)
- The truth about Agent-Free Monitoring
- Walking back the “hype” in hyperscale
- Hurricane Sandy – No match for Dell PowerEdge servers
- Networking and Storage Webinars Available for Replay
- Network virtualization: Why CSPs need to get their heads into the cloud
Press Releases (January 12th – January 18th)
- Dell’s Quest Software Placed in a Challengers Position in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Identity Access and Governance
- Dell’s Quest Software a Leader in Gartner 2012 Magic Quadrant for User Administration and Provisioning
- Dell’s Mobile Clinical Computing Solution Provides Significant Savings While Enhancing Mobility and Security for Healthcare Providers
- Dell SecureWorks Security Experts Co-write Book on Log Management Fundamentals
- Quest Software Offers New Year’s Resolutions to Help Reduce Costs, Improve Productivity, and Respond to Business Needs with Flexibility and Agility
- Dell Adds Two New Utilities to Virtualization Freeware Suite
- Dell Retail Announces Comprehensive Solution to Help Retailers Move to the Cloud