Welcome to the latest edition of Dell’s Weekly Recap, your guide to the week's Dell-related news and happenings.
TOP STORY OF THE WEEK
Long Battle for Dell Ends in Victory for Founder – September 12, 2013
Dell announced that, based on a preliminary vote tally from the special meeting of stockholders held on Thursday, stockholders have approved the bid allowing Michael Dell, Dell’s founder, chairman and CEO, to acquire Dell in partnership with global technology investment firm Silver Lake Partners.
College of North West London (CNWL)
The College of North West London (CNWL) has introduced a new storage system from Dell to increase automation and ease IT management across its three campuses.
5 STORIES ABOUT DELL
Dell to revive Venue mobile brand with new Windows 8.1 tablet – September 12, 2013
Featuring an eight-inch screen powered by Intel’s Atom chip code-named Bay Trail, and running Windows 8.1, the Dell Venue – unveiled during a keynote at the Intel Developer Forum in San Francisco – marks the firm’s latest entry in the tablet market.
Paging hospital CSOs: We have a code BYOD in data security – September 10, 2013
Embracing smartphones and other technology while on the move is encouraging the move to BYOD within healthcare organizations according to Phil Allen, EMEA director of identity and access management, Dell Software Group.
5 Signs Of Trouble In Your Network – September 6, 2013
Companies analyzing the vast amount of data produced by information systems need to regularly check user access and configuration changes. Ben Feinstein, director of operations and analysis, Dell SecureWorks, explained the four principals around which good security log analysis revolves.
Storage Infrastructure Offers Speed & Flexibility – September 6, 2013
A 40 percent improvement in storage utilization and 50 percent reduction in network infrastructure costs were achieved by advertising agency Lopez Negrete Communications which migrated from HP and upgraded its storage capabilities and overall network on Dell infrastructure.
PC Pro's top products of 2013: the winners (Dell PowerEdge VRTX) – September 12, 2013
At the prestigious PC Pro Awards, editors selected the Dell PowerEdge VRTX as the Server Product of The Year for its extensive performance and capacity with office-level acoustics in a single, compact tower chassis.
TOP 5 Direct2Dell Posts (Sept 7 – Sept 13)
- Dell enters an exciting new chapter
- PCIe SSDs: High-Performance Storage for Workstation Applications
- The First Business Notebook and Mobile Workstation with High Performance IGZO QHD+ display
- New Dell Workstations Drastically Reduce Design and Render Times
- New Waves MaxxAudio Pro – Professional Sound Tools for Professional Workstation Users
Press Release(s) (Sept 7 – Sept 13)
- Dell Delivers Most Powerful Workstations Enabling Professionals to Design Faster Than Ever
- Dell SecureWorks Approved as a PCI Forensic Investigator
- Dell OEM Solutions Introduces SecurePOD IP Video Surveillance System based on Intel® Xeon® Processors
- Alienware Aurora Reinvigorates Desktop Gaming with Extreme Performance
- Dell Board Approves Quarterly Cash Dividend
- Dell Stockholders Approve Merger Transaction