There’s a lot of discussion about whether entrepreneurs are born or made.
My vote is that they’re born, but honestly, it took me more than 25
years to unearth the entrepreneur inside me. I think you’re born to run
businesses, but circumstances in your life lead you to the path.
That being said, let’s look at some characteristics of
entrepreneurs. This is just my list, so feel free to add your own in
- Willing to take risks.
- Dislike working for other people.
- Full of ideas.
- Always ready for the next business idea.
- Love discussing business and “talking shop.”
- Get inspiration from the world around them.
- Are typically multitaskers.
- Would work 24 hours a day if they could (and actually might do this).
- Tend to wear all the hats in their business, at least early on.
Of course, this list isn’t exhaustive. There are a million
characteristics you could attribute to entrepreneurs, and they’re not
the same for everyone. For me, risk is something I have to be forced
(usually by my entrepreneur husband) to take, yet when I do, I’m always
happy with the results.
What do you think makes a great entrepreneur?