Since my last blog, Enterprise opportunities for Dell’s partners in Asia, I have had the pleasure to speak with Terence Ng, Sales Director of Value Channel for Asia Pacific and Japan (APJ). Terence’s role is to engage with several of our most committed, Premier-level Partners to help them with their Dell end-to-end solutions sales. I was excited to hear, and now share his first-hand perspective of the many benefits of the PartnerDirect program and how our Partners in Asia can best take advantage of and strengthen their partnership with Dell.
Terence Ng: “My team enjoys putting all our energies behind our Premier Partners in order to help them succeed. We start by building executive-level relationships. For example, Michael Dell and Amit Midha, President, Dell APJ recently hosted executives from several of our Premier partner organizations in Beijing to discuss key business priorities and engagement. We also work closely with our Premier Partners on co-marketing plans to generate demand and to help them enjoy profitable growth.
Dell is excited to equip and guide all of our Partners to build and deliver successful enterprise solutions. Below are five key ways a Partner can ensure a fruitful partnership with Dell:
- Invest time to learn Dell’s vision and strategy and understand why Dell is the technology partner of choice in the new era of cloud and virtualization. You can start by reading this article: “Michael Dell says: ‘Check Out Our Channel Partner Presentation’” and watching this brief presentation: Dell Acquisition Strategy and Channel Vision.
- Whether you’re providing your customers with end-user solutions, enterprise infrastructure solutions, services, or software and tools, make strategic decisions on how and where to invest in Dell’s four key themes: Connect, Transform, Inform and Protect. (For some Premier Partners, this is where business planning workshops with Dell will be most beneficial.)
- Build your sales capabilities and technical knowledge with training and competency offerings from Dell. Dell heavily invests in helping you acquire more expertise by offering numerous live, on-demand, and web-based trainings. Watch your inbox for invitations and newsletter announcements, or check the PartnerDirect portal for new educational opportunities each quarter.
- Take advantage of the various campaign materials available on the PartnerDirect portal at Dell.com/partner. Available assets range from presentations and brochures to online and print ads to multi-purpose copy blocks and social media content. You can also easily create and customize co-brandable marketing materials through the Campaign Builder tool.
- Attend Dell’s demand generation events. There are demand generation events held in most countries so please regularly check the PartnerDirect page to find out when and where, or ask your local Dell representative. Take advantage of these impactful opportunities to grow your business.
Partnerships work best when both parties are actively engaged and bring their unique capabilities and offerings to the business relationship. We’ve seen good results when we’ve jointly invested in go-to-market agreements and collaboration in solution development, financing models and marketing activities. See more about partner relationship on article “Choosing the ideal partner” by CIO Asia.
This blog was intended to highlight several ways partners can actively participate in partnership with Dell by maximizing opportunities through the PartnerDirect program. I hope to now hear from you! Please post your ideas, comments and views below or if you are a Dell partner join our APJ PartnerDirect Community on LinkedIn to interact with the Asia team.