Join us at BETT 2011, Europe’s largest education technology fair, 12-15 of January at Olympia, London. If you work in Education and are interested in technology this is one of the "must see" events of the year. We’ll be sharing our latest approach to infusing technology into the classroom.
Here are some of the BETT highlights I’ll be heading to:
Connected Learning Keynote, Wednesday 1.15pm, Apex room:
Paul Bell, who heads up Dell’s global public sector business, will lead a session focused on the future vision of Connected Learning. As well as sharing Dell’s new education solutions and sharing education trends we’re seeing he will lead a panel session with:
- Chris Baker, Head of e-Learning, John Cabot Academy;
- Debbie Forster, Head of School Programmes, e-skills UK; and
- Iris Lapinski, UK Director, Center for Digital Inclusion Europe.
The Dell Stand, Main Hall, Stand B20:
We’ll be presenting our connected learning solutions – a series of tools and resources that connects the entire community of students, teachers, administrators and parents to feed the desire to learn and fuel the ambition to succeed. There are two focus areas we’ll cover with product demonstrations and with interactive presentations on the stand:
- The Connected Classroom – Addresses the various environments in which teaching and learning take place.
- The Connected Infrastructure – Addresses the IT infrastructure and strategy for the education system as a whole.
TEDx talks, Wednesday 6pm, Apex Room:
Everybody loves TED talks and this year we’re one of the sponsors for the TEDxOrenda on Wednesday January 12. The free tickets were so popular that this event sold out very quickly. There will be 12 great speakers and music and I’ll be sharing insights on our Dell Education blog and via Twitter.
TeachMeet is going to be one of the highlights of the show for me. Dell is one of the sponsors of this year’s meet-up where teachers share insights with teachers to inspire classroom practice.
If you’ve not been to a TeachMeet before here is a great video by @ BrainPOP_UK where Tim & Moby explain how it works:
TeachMeet for BETT 2011 is taking place in the Apex Room, Olympia, Friday 14th January 2011, 6:30-9pm. You can follow updates on Twitter using the hashtag: #TMBETT2011 and see the TeachMeet sign-up page here.
We are also running two education technology related competitions:
- Win a Dell Connected Classroom makeover– Schools in Great Britian have a chance to win a Dell Connected Classroom makeover worth up to £25,000. A member of school staff can register and submit a short video about how the school could benefit from a Dell Connected Classroom solution. Find out more in a blog post here or visit the competition page: www.dell.co.uk/connectyourclassroomcompetition. Registration begins this week and submissions are due February 25, 2011.
- UK Education Technology Twitter Contest – we’re holding a Twitter contest that is open to all UK resident followers of the @DellEducation account. We’ll be giving away a Dell Inspiron duo to a randomly selected individual who tweets an answer to our education technology related question. Read more about this competition here.
If you are heading to BETT this year what are you most looking forward to?