Since its launch in September, our Latitude 10 tablet has generated a lot of excitement and interest, most recently with the announcement of our essentials configuration starting at $499. Today, to complete our current Windows 8 commercial tablet line-up, I’m pleased to introduce the Latitude 10 Enhanced Security. Starting at $749, this new offering sets the standard for business-friendly tablets with more industry-leading security features than any other device and is ideal for customers in highly regulated industries that must adhere to the strictest security standards.
When designing this tablet, we tapped our rich history of working with healthcare, finance, government or other customers that regularly handle sensitive information to create a tablet with industry-leading, unparalleled security. The only Windows 8 tablet on the market with dual authentication, we’ve added a standard fingerprint and smart card readers to the Latitude 10’s already-robust security line-up, which includes:
- Dell Data Protection|Access providing an integrated end point security management suite that utilizes the fingerprint and smartcard reader in the Latitude 10, as well as, third-party security devices. A Dell wizard provides simple setup;
- Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 1.2 hardware to allow networks to check integrity of device and to assign full trust;
- Microsoft BitLocker Drive Encryption;
- Computrace Support for stealth tracking software to allow the recovery of lost or stolen devices;
- A Noble lock slot for added hardware security;
- and 20 hours of battery life.
We know customers want tablets that are easy to manage and capable of boosting productivity, which is why the Latitude 10 offers swappable 2 cell (10 hours operating time) and 4 cell (20 hours battery life) battery options. At just 1.53 pounds (692 grams) and at just 0.5” thick (13.4mm), the Latitude 10 Enhanced Security edition provides go-anywhere portability.
The Latitude 10 Enhanced Security delivers all the multitasking and productivity enhancements Windows 8 brings, and the power the Intel Atom processor Z2760 1.8GHz with Intel® Burst Technology. And like the previous Latitude tablets, the enhanced security configuration will feature a robust 10.1" IPS (1366 X 768) Wide View Angle LCD, Corning Gorilla Glass, capacitive 5-finger touch and support for the active Wacom Stylus.
The Latitude 10 snaps easily and securely into existing IT environments like any laptop and is compatible with Microsoft SCCM and Dell KACE configuration and systems management software, giving customers all the productivity, flexibility and freedom of tablet computing while meeting key IT challenges of security and manageability. If you’d like to learn more about the Latitude 10 and how it helps the enterprise to maintain security and manageability, let us know and we’d be happy to help you.
Latitude 10 with Enhanced Security Specifications
- Windows 8 Professional
- Fingerprint Reader, Smart card reader, TPM 1.2
- Enabled for Mobile Broadband
- Microsoft Office Trial
- 1 Year Hardware Service + 1 Year NDB Limited OS after Remote Diagnosis
- Intel Atom processor Z2760 1.8GHz with Intel® Burst Technology, 1.5GHz HFM, 600MHz LFM
- Windows 8 Pro, 32-bit, no media, English
- 2GB DDR2 SDRAM (800MHz) integrated
- Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator (533MHz)
- 10.1" IPS (1366 X 768) Wide View Angle LCD, Corning Gorilla Glass, Capacitive 10 Finger Touch and optional Wacom Stylus Support
- 64GB4 Solid State hard drive & 128GB eMMC
- External USB DVD+/-RW (optional)
- 30 Watt AC adapter
- Charge via micro-USB charging port
- Charge via optional docking station
- 2-cell (30Whr) Lithium Ion battery (10 hour life)
- Optional 4-cell (60Whr) Lithium Ion battery (20 hour life)
- USB 2.0, SD Memory Card Reader, Docking Connector, Stereo headphone / Microphone combo jack, Mini-HDMI, Micro-USB charging port, Micro-SIM (WWAN-only).
- Width: 10.8”/274.0mm
- Height: 0.5”/13.4mm with standard 2-cell battery
- 0.64”/15.9mm with optional 4-cell battery
- Depth: 7.0”/176.6mm
- Starting Weight: 692.4g/1.53lb with 2-cell battery