For just over a year I have been participating in the growth of a great team of dedicated Telco experts being assembled in Dell OEM Solutions as we continue investing for the telecom market.
It started a few years ago when we decided to design carrier grade reliability and capabilities into the Dell PowerEdge12th generation server line based on the impressive Intel Xeon E5-2600 CPUs. Last year at Mobile World Congress (MWC) we announced the launch of the first two of those servers.The interest from that announcement in the industry was instant and intense. Since then we have launched several additional Carrier Grade platforms which gives Dell customers a robust and complete portfolio of Carrier Grade platforms to develop and deploy their Telco solutions on.
Today our telco portfolio consists of 9 chassis including:
- R620 t – 1U rack mount dual Intel Xeon E5-2600
- R720 t – 2U rack mount dual Intel Xeon E5-2600
- M620 t – Half-Height Blade dual Intel Zeon E5-2600
- M1000 t – 10U, 16 slot blade chassis
- MD1200 – 2U SAS 2.0 JBOD with choice of 3.5” or 2.5” hard drives
- MD3600i t – 2U 10GBASE-T iSCSI SAN with choice of 3.5” or 2.5” hard drives
- MD3600f t – 2U 8Gb/s Fibre Channel SAN with choice of 3.5” or 2.5” hard drives
This year we will be attending MWC again, for customer and partner discussions on what Dell OEM Solutions can offer to this market. We look forward to seeing any of you who are going to be at the show.
Please contact [email protected] to make an appointment to meet with an OEM Solutions Telco executive.