Since launching Dell’s first workstation in 1997, Dell has been instrumental in moving the industry forward. As the new leader of Dell’s Precision workstation business, I’m pleased to continue that innovation to help our customers create and achieve the impossible – from designing the award-winning visual effects in Star Trek Into Darkness to F1 racecars and a resilient trackside infrastructure.
In conjunction with our software partners, we consistently push the envelope for better performance, reliability and customer-inspired design, and this new lineup is no exception.
The new Dell Precision M4800 and M6800 mobile workstations and Dell Precision T3610, T5610 and T7610 tower workstations are the world’s most cutting-edge and powerful workstations with many industry firsts including:
- A 15.6” Quad HD+ IGZO panel on the M4800 with higher resolution than the Apple MacBook Pro Retina display
- Only to offer 10-finger Wacom multi-touch on 17.3” display on the M6800 for intuitive control and interaction with creative and design applications
- First WiGig wireless docking on mobile worsktations for easy connection to monitors, projectors, keyboards and mice.
- Highest mobile computing performance with up to 16GB of 18666MHz memory, fourth generation Intel processor options and the latest graphics from AMD and NVIDIA.
- Collaborated with Intel to bring to market and tune the first workstation enterprise-grade storage acceleration application, Intel Cache Acceleration Software – Workstation (CAS-W), available on our Dell Precision R7610 rack and T3610, T5610 and T7610 tower workstations in November.
- We partnered with Micron to be the first to bring its PCIe SSD technology to the workstation market on the T3610, T5610 and T7610 tower workstations and Dell Precision R7610 in October. The PCIe SSD is one of the highest performance storage options that merge SSD technology directly with the fast PCIe.
- All-day battery life on bot mobile workstations so professionals can stay productive from remote locations.
Precision M4800 & M6800
So, as you can see, we have been hard at work implementing changes that we believe will enable our customers to do more. And we are already hearing from them…
“Dell Precision workstations with the innovative Intel Cache Acceleration Software-Workstation gives a notable performance boost to Autodesk applications,” says Maurice Patel, head of Media & Entertainment Industry Marketing, Autodesk. “We have seen a many-fold increase in some of our internal tests. As the demand for larger data sets increase with 4K, stereoscopic projection and next generation consoles, the performance increase will be a great benefit for our 3D animation customers.”
Thierry Rouf, Director, FashionLab, said, “We work on the cutting-edge of fashion design, providing designers with sophisticated tools they need to employ the latest 3D technology in their high-end designs, so it’s important that we always collaborate with the best. That’s why we chose to work closely with Dell for a high-profile event in Paris. The workshop was supported without interruption by the latest high-end Dell Precision tower workstations.”
This is an exciting time to be at Dell and to serve our customers with cutting-edge technology to power their business and accelerate their workflows. Our customers want more power, speed and reliability, and Dell delivered with expanded workstation portfolio.
The Dell Precision M4800 and M6800 mobile workstations and T3610, T5610, and T7610 tower workstations will be available worldwide on September 12. For more information, visit www.Dell.com/Precision. You can also utilize the Dell Precision Workstation Advisor for recommended configurations for specific applications and workflows.
We want to hear from you – what features are you most excited about?
Also, read about other Dell Precision updates:
- AMD FirePro™ professional graphics and Dell Precision workstations
- New Waves MaxxAudio Pro – Professional Sound Tools for Professional Workstation Users
- The First Business Notebook and Mobile Workstation with High Performance IGZO QHD+ display
- New Intel CAS-W: Accelerating Software Application Performance
- PCIe SSDs: High-Performance Storage for Workstation Applications