Earlier this evening, we just rolled out several fixes to Dell’s Community site. This is just the tip of the iceberg, but we’ll continue working to fix things that are important to our customers.
Some things like moving the Browse by Content Type to the top of the left-hand nav will be obvious, but several are not. Below is a list of all of them. We’ll keep working to improve the site. While we continue testing and implementing things, we appreciate your patience in the meantime.
Now onto the list:
- Added a New Thread button to make it easier to post a new thread in a forum
- Streamlined the banners across the main page areas
- Indented text in the drop-down text areas in the User Control Panel
- Added Edit/Delete functionality for blogs in Groups
- Removed redundant text entry fields in the blog comment area (no more Name, Website or Remember Me fields).
- Enabled links to comments shown in the Activity List
- Added the ability to link to comments in blog posts and forum threads
- On group pages, changed the text for areas that did not have content
- Added RSS feed on blog aggregator page
- Left navigation = Moved the Browse by Content Type section up to the top of the page
- Breadcrumb wording = Now you navigate back to Community instead of English
- Changed order of private messages so the most recent one appears
- Dell logo in masthead now goes to Dell.com
- Changed wording on comment message
- Emoticon window size increased
- Enabled site theme CSS override
- Added ability to delete comments on user profile