A couple weeks ago Dell announced the opportunity to get your startup in front of Michael Dell and other key leaders by entering to participate in Tech Innovation Day: Pitch Slam at Dell World 2013 next Thursday, December 12.
Today, I’m excited to share that Michael Dell will be joined on the judging panel by Shark Tank’s Daymond John (@TheSharkDaymond), the fashion mogul who created FUBU, and Elizabeth Gore (@emgoreun), the very first Resident Entrepreneur at United Nations Foundation. As a “Shark” on ABC’s top-rated entrepreneurial business show, Daymond evaluates new business ideas every week but next Thursday he’ll be providing his feedback and advice real-time from Dell World!
I wanted to thank everyone who took the time submit their companies – it was a tough decision as all the startups we reviewed are doing innovative and exciting things – but we’re thrilled to announce that we’ve selected our winner! Guavus (@Guavus) , a big data analytics company that is turning business problems into big data solutions, will be joining our regional pitch slam winners as the seventh startup to pitch their business at Dell World.
So who exactly are the other Pitch Slam participants?
- Neverware (@neverware) is a New York startup improving schools’ access to working computers through software it developed that helps old computers run like new.
- Nebula (@NebulaInc), based in Silicon Valley, is dedicated to enabling all enterprises to easily, securely and inexpensively deploy scale-out private cloud computing infrastructures from racks of industry‐standard servers. Their flagship product, Nebula One, is the world’s first turnkey cloud computing solution.
- SimpleRelevance (@SimpleRelevance) is a Chicago startup that makes it easy for customers to personalize, target, and automate digital messaging.
- Ihiji (@ihiji) is an Austin-based company that offers the only zero maintenance cloud-based remote network management solution for IT professionals and technology integrators.
- Bottlenose (@bottlenoseapp), based in Los Angeles, provides an enterprise-grade dashboard for discovering, monitoring and acting on influential trends, beginning with social media communications affecting brands.
- Fantoo (@fantootweets) is a London startup that has developed unique software that turns mundane, cluttered inboxes into an interactive, pleasant environment.
Not attending Dell World this year? You can catch the livestream of Tech Innovation Day: Pitch Slam here. The event will run from 2:00 p.m. to 3:05 p.m. CST on Thursday, December 12.