If you are like me, many times you finish the day ready to close
down with a multitude of Word documents open at the same time. Rather
than saving or closing each individual document, if you are running
Word 2002 or 2003, you can press the Shift key as you click the File menu and you will gain a Save All and a Close All
command. By selecting either one of these options, every document will
be saved to disk or closed down as fast as your computer can process
1. Click the Office button and select Word Options at the bottom.
2. Click Customize in the left-hand column.
3. Click the drop-down arrow of the Choose commands from box and select Commands Not In Ribbon.
4. Scroll to and click Close All.
5. Click the Add button.
6. Scroll to and click Save All.
7. Click the Add button, then click OK.