May 19th, we had the pleasure of partnering with The Webby Awards to honor the people and organizations behind the most creative, compelling and hottest content on the Web at the 18th Annual Webby Awards in NYC.
Comedian Patton Oswalt hosted the awards show which included antics from Fred Armisen of SNL fame and hallmark 5-Word Speeches by the likes of De La Soul, hot-on-the-scene, new actress Taylor Schilling, George Takei (Oh my!), the Jamaican Bobsled Team, and more.
In case you missed the awards, Buzzfeed captured some of the best moments here.
While I thoroughly enjoyed the 5-word acceptance speeches and highlight videos, particularly the Selfie In Memoriam, George Takei’s acceptance speech and Banksy’s Artist in Residence Video, I was most excited to see that Dell technology was behind a winner or People’s Voice winner in almost every single category. Seeing how our customers leverage Dell technology to bring their innovative ideas to life and develop award-winning work is what keeps me inspired and motivated. Here are a few of the many categories, campaigns and winners that were powered by Dell:
- Lifestyle – Nom Nom Paleo iPad app developed by Y Media
- Web: Events – EventBrite
- Games – Atari Arcarde by Microsoft
- Self-Promotion/Portfolio – Flat Design vs. Realism by In Tacto Digital Partner
- Writing – After Hours by Cracked; Association Website, Internet Association
- Social: Arts & Culture – Metropolitan Museum of Art for their Instagram account
- Personal Blog/Website – Reasons My Son Is Crying
- Augmented Reality – KFC [email protected] by Blink Digital
I was lucky enough to be on-site at 5-Word Speech Day at the DellVenue in NY and meet more than 50 of the talented pros behind these, and many more, award-winning campaigns. And I’m excited to share their inspiring behind-the-scenes stories on Tech Page One throughout the remainder of the year. Make sure you don’t miss the “Catching Up with the Webby Winners” series.
In the meantime, I encourage you to check out the Webbys highlight videos here: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheWebbyAwards/featured
And watch the full awards show livestreamed on BuzzFeed on June 13.
I promised you won’t be disappointed!