Have you ever thought about the impact Dell could make to enable people everywhere to grow, thrive and reach their full potential? Today, I am thrilled to announce Dell’s 2020 Legacy of Good plan, a framework designed to accelerate and capture ways that our solutions can help customers, team members and communities make lasting contributions to the planet and society.
We are setting an extremely high bar for demonstrating the ripple effect technology can have in creating a better world. Our ultimate goal is to demonstrate by 2020 that the social and environmental good that will come from Dell’s technology will be 10x what it takes to create and use it.
How will we do this? By working with our customers, suppliers, and industry partners to collect and measure the information that demonstrates the impact of IT solutions.
Over the next few months, we will be sharing details about each of these goals but today I wanted to share with you a few of the highlights we are most excited about.
We will focus on four areas: reducing the environmental impact of company operations, while enabling customers to do the same; driving social and environmental responsibility in the industry and supply chain, and promoting technology’s role in addressing environmental challenges. Our plan lays out 12 ambitious goals tied to the environmental agenda, including:
- Reduce the energy intensity of our product portfolio by 80%, making Dell the first IT company to commit to make a portfolio-wide energy goal.
- Ensuring waste-free packaging, with materials like wheat and mushrooms which are 100% recyclable or compostable and sourced sustainably
We will foster inspirational leadership, promote a supportive culture and give team members a voice in shaping the company’s direction, including:
- Increasing eligible team member participation in flexible work programs to 50%
- Increasing team member participation in Employee Resource Groups to 45%
We will continue to make a positive impact on communities and improve lives by:
- Engaging 75% of team members in community service opportunities
- Applying technology and expertise to projects that reach 3 million young people
We believe that the 2020 Legacy of Good plan reflects the Dell’s commitment to the customer while putting our technology to its greatest use. We look forward to sharing this amazing seven year journey with you.