Story of the Week
Dell Social Business Strategy – The Secret Sauce Forbes – Dec. 1, 2011
What makes a social business? 25,000 times a day somebody online mentions the company Dell, somewhere across the web, forcing Dell to be very active in return. In fact forcing is the wrong word. Dell seems to embrace the social aspect of business.
Other Dell News
Dell gets in touch with its inner entrepreneur Fortune – Nov. 29, 2011
So as Dell pushes into new areas, such as cybersecurity and data center design and management, executives are allowing those businesses to operate more creatively and less bureaucratically — returning the company to its entrepreneurial roots.
Dell Gaining Ground In Servers While HP Slips Investors Business Daily – Nov. 29, 2011
Dell (DELL) outpaced the overall server computer market in revenue growth in the third quarter and closed the gap with market leader Hewlett-Packard (HPQ) in unit sales, research firm Gartner reported Monday.
Michael Dell Is Number One CRN – Nov. 21, 2011
You can learn a lot about which companies are setting the pace for the industry from CRN's annual top 100 executive list. The big take away from this year's list is that no has climbed farther up the technology solutions and channel stack and is poised for more robust channel growth than Dell.
Dell Press Releases
- Dell Delivers Efficient, New IT Solution to Manufacturing Customers with Dell Product & Profit Analytics
- Dell Sees Continued Growth in Cloud-based Medical Archive
- Dell PowerEdge Server Portfolio with New AMD Opteron 6200 Processors Outperforms Competition
- Dell.com Makes it Easy this Holiday Season to Find the Perfect Gift
Popular Direct2 Dell Posts
- A Peek inside Dell’s Commercial Channel Business in Asia
- Laptop, Netbook, Smart Phone, Tablet – Interactive Feature Comparison [Infographic]
- A Lawyer’s Take on Dell’s Social Media Policy
- Explore Dell Solutions with Discover Healthcare IT
- Dell Donates $350,000 for Disaster Relief in Flood Ravaged Thailand
Industry Quotes & Insight
“Michael Dell's biggest accomplishment may well be taking his company from a PC maker that relied on supply chain excellence and low prices to a technology firm with a strong product portfolio from the desktop to the data center.” – Scott Campbell, CRN
“[Dell] has all the ingredients to be the leading social business in technology.” – Haydn Shaughnessy, Forbes