Today, Microsoft announced their Windows Upgrade Offer program. We’ve got the details here for you. We know there is a lot of interest and excitement for Windows 8, so this new offer from Microsoft will make buying your new eligible Dell PC this weekend even sweeter!
Per Microsoft’s Press Release today:
”Microsoft Corp. today announced the availability of the Windows Upgrade Offer for consumers purchasing a qualifying new Windows 7 PC. The Windows Upgrade Offer provides consumers who buy an eligible Windows 7 PC the option to purchase a downloadable upgrade to Windows 8 Pro for an estimated retail price of just $14.99 (U.S.) during the time of the promotion, which will be redeemable when Windows 8 is generally available. The Windows Upgrade Offer is just the first of many consumer offers that will roll out in conjunction with the general availability of Windows 8.”
“We’ve seen a great interest in Windows 8, especially given the availability of the Windows 8 Release Preview this week, and yet we know many consumers want a new PC now,” said Tami Reller, chief marketing officer and chief financial officer of Windows at Microsoft. “The Windows Upgrade Offer gives people the flexibility to purchase the new Windows 7 PC they need today, with the knowledge they can easily get Windows 8 when it’s available.”
“This program begins tomorrow in 131 markets including the U.S. and Canada and is available for consumers buying new Windows 7 PCs that are preinstalled with Windows 7 Home Basic, Home Premium, Professional or Ultimate and include a matching and valid OEM Certificate of Authenticity. The Windows 7 PC must be purchased new during the eligibility period June 2, 2012–Jan. 31, 2013, and redeemed before the program expiration at the end of February 2013. Consumers who register for the Windows Upgrade Offer will be able to download Windows 8 starting the day it is made available generally. The upgrade can be installed on any eligible and compatible Windows PC and comes with 90 days of support from Microsoft.”
- Consumers buying new Windows 7 PCs that are preinstalled with Windows 7 Home Basic, Home Premium, Professional or Ultimate.
- The Windows 7 PC must be purchased new during the eligibility period June 2, 2012–Jan. 31, 2013, and redeemed before the program expiration on February 28, 2013.
- Register on Microsoft’s Windows Upgrade Offer site: http://www.windowsupgradeoffer.com.
- Consumers who register for the Windows Upgrade Offer will be able to download Windows 8 starting the day it is made available generally.
- Microsoft is managing the Windows Upgrade Offer program registration, fulfillment and support, so PC manufacturers like Dell will not register or ship the upgrade for you. Expect to work directly with Microsoft for your Windows 8 Pro upgrade needs.
- The promotional price is limited to one upgrade offer per PC purchased, and a maximum limit of five upgrade offers per customer.
What do you think? Will you be getting a new PC soon and register for the Windows upgrade? I would love to hear your feedback below in the comments or shoot me a tweet on twitter @SusanatDell.
Dell Customers can go here to learn more details:
See Microsoft’s links as well:
Windows Upgrade Offer: http://www.windowsupgradeoffer.com
Microsoft blog post: The Windows 8 Release Preview & Windows Upgrade Offer – #windows8
- Microsoft blog: The Windows 8 Release Preview & Windows Upgrade Offer – #windows8
- Windows 8 versions: Announcing the Windows 8 Versions
- Mashable: Windows 8 Upgrade
- ComputerWorld: Microsoft confirms $15 Windows 8 upgrade
- The Verge: Microsoft confirms $14.99 Windows 8 upgrade promotion, starts June 2nd
- Tom’s Hardware: Microsoft Confirms $15 Windows 8 Upgrade for New PCs